You can now connect your myGovID to your myGov account and start using it to sign in to myGov.
This new way of accessing myGov is being trialled as part of transforming the way Australians interact with government.
Connecting a myGovID to a myGov account is optional and you can choose to disconnect at any time or continue using your existing myGov sign in option.
Did you know that myGovID and myGov are different?
myGovID is an app you download to your smart device which lets you prove who you are and sign in to a range of government online services, including myGov.
Your myGov account lets you link to and access services like the ATO, Centrelink, Medicare and more.
On this page:
- Benefits of connecting myGovID to myGov
- Before you connect myGovID to myGov
- How to connect myGovID to myGov
Benefits of connecting myGovID to myGov
Connecting your myGovID to your myGov account makes signing in:
- Simple – set up once and use it to unlock government online services.
- Flexible – you can still use your current myGov sign in option or myGovID, helping you avoid losing access to your account when using other sign options.
- Secure – your personal information is encrypted and verified against existing government records, making it the most secure way to sign in to myGov.
- Streamlined – access multiple government online services, for both personal and business matters.
Before you connect myGovID to myGov
Before you connect your myGovID to your myGov account make sure:
- you’ve downloaded and set up the myGovID app
- you’ve verified two identity documents to achieve a Standard identity strength.
How to connect myGovID to myGov
Sign in to your myGov account at my.gov.au and follow these steps to connect your myGovID:
- go to your Account settings
- select Digital Identity
- select Continue to be redirected to the Identity Hub
- select myGovID as your identity provider
- sign in using your myGovID
- consent to sharing your information with myGov
- a message will display confirming your myGovID is connected to your myGov account.
Next time you sign in to your myGov account you can select ‘Continue with Digital Identity’ and use myGovID.